Here we are in week 7 of 2014. We thought we would share our top five ways to empower your business to succeed in 2014. Empowerment isn’t a dirty word. By focusing your efforts on what truly matters, you can grow your business by finding and using the right technology and resources. The success marker is that you will improve your customer service performance!
5. Use collaboration tools with your employees and clients. Don’t rely on email alone. It lacks the body language and emotional contact that we need to ensure our message is being received and understood.
4. Use a website system that allows you to generate leads and interact with current and prospective customers. Gone are the days of the static website! It’s all about the conversation!
3. Maximize your social media channels. Like it or not, customers can make or break you on the various social media channels. Learn the right way to engage!
2. Choose your vendors carefully. What I’ve found is that some vendors don’t truly understand the small business. Perhaps they have forgotten their own beginnings. You want a vendor to treat you like you treat your customers.
1. Find a few like-minded business owners and meet regularly. Don’t get bogged down with NDA’s. etc. Find people you like, trust, and are of similar mindsets. As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another – Proverbs 27:17(NIV).
In subsequent articles, we will elaborate on each of these tips in more detail. Until then, let us know what empowers you to succeed!